Schoolhouse Museum - Opened in 1999
2822 Niagara Street, Sanborn

April to November
Open Every Sunday: 2:00 to 4:00 PM

December to March
Open First Sunday of the Month: 2:00 to 4:00 PM

Free Admission - Donations Accepted
Museum Also Open by Appointment: Call 716-990-6909




The Sanborn Area Historical Society brings to life the history of the Sanborn area in the Schoolhouse Museum at 2822 Niagara Street. Sanborn, NY. Formed in 1996, its first project was to move the one-room West Street School over frozen ground to the corner of West and Niagara Streets. Since that time, the school has been converted to a first class museum complete with handicap accessibility and a top of the line office for record keeping.


The Sanborn two-story West Street School House was built in 1882 and burned to the ground in 1942.


 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

© Sanborn Area Historical Society